Do you have privacy and compliance experience, but are looking for a more fulfilling and challenging full-time career opportunity where your hard work is recognized and rewarded? Come join a rapidly growing, international consulting firm with diversified service offerings. Join other like minded professionals in an exciting entrepreneurial opportunity as Sunera continues to expand its practices to meet the needs of its growing client base. Sunera is a leading provider of business consulting services throughout the United States and Canada. We specialize in assessing, designing, and implementing best practices in business processes, internal controls, and technology.
We are looking for data privacy professionals with two or more years of experience, to service our existing and potential clients. Prospective candidates will have the opportunity to provide services related to a broad range of privacy disciplines, including compliance assessments, program design and policy development. As such, the individuals we are seeking should possess strong and diverse privacy backgrounds. Management level candidates should have the experience and technical skills required to oversee, train and mentor staff and understand our client’s requirements as they pertain to any of the above services.
Principal Responsibilities & Job Tasks
The ideal candidates will have the capacity for adapting to the dynamic and diverse services desired by our Fortune 1000 clients. The responsibilities that you will be given will make the most of your strengths and experience. You will be challenged to continue to develop professionally in a supportive, entrepreneurial, people-first atmosphere. Duties may include:
- Maintaining current knowledge of the federal and state rules, regulations, and guidance related to security and privacy including but not limited to HIPAA, GLBA, Safe Harbor framework, Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP), and NIST;
- Responsible for reviewing clients potential or actual privacy incidents, and coordinating or leading the incident or breach management process;
- Conduct project related privacy risk assessments and internal privacy audits;
- Review privacy practices and conduct periodic compliance audits;
- Provide privacy and data protection training and awareness;
- Preparing reports and other deliverables that contain strategy, project or technical analysis and findings in connection with our consulting engagements and communicating those results to the team and client management;
- Interacting effectively with co-workers and clients at all levels, as to foster and maintain strong working relationships;
- Gain exposure to senior management of Fortune 1000 clients; and
- Travel, as needed, up to 30%.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Obtained or working towards Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, GLBA, Safe Harbor framework and Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (GAPP).
- Experience interpreting federal and state privacy regulations.
- Qualities such as team-focus, dedication, resourcefulness, and an eagerness to learn.
- At least 2 years of related experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Compensation & Benefits:
Sunera’s total compensation package is attractive and commensurate with experience. Our standard employee package includes, but is not limited to a competitive base salary, attractive performance bonus arrangements, ongoing training reimbursements and a full suite of benefits and paid vacation. We are committed to providing balance to our employees, attractive compensation, tremendous career opportunities and an environment that supports collaboration, personal development and having fun!
Sunera is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.